Arrow v0.7.0 release now available
Arrow v0.7.0 is now available!
Arrow is an open source library that’s packed with data types and type classes that empower pure functional programming in Kotlin.
New features & fixes in 0.7.0 include:
- New encoding a refactoring of type classes and naming conventions:
Make sure to read Paco’s post regarding some of the most impactful changes in this area.
arrow-genericmodule that allows auto derivation of the most popular type class instances for data classes.
A brand new shiny Optics DSL that allows for direct property access when modifying immutable data classes.
For a full list of changes and features in 0.7.0 please visit the official changelog.
Arrow 0.7.0 is possible thanks to a list of awesome contributors that are pushing the limits of FP in Kotlin with each release.
We would like to give special thanks to the following contributors for this release:
Noteworthy since 0.6.1
- Paco Estevez : Renaming and new Type Class encoding.
- Simon Vergauwen & Andrzej Ressel : New optics DSL
- Raul Raja : Arrow Generic and Arrow Dagger modules
- Cotel : Show typeclass and instances
- 47Deg marketing team: Help with Arrow videos, documentation and social management
- Aedan Smith : Tuple2 instances
- Pablo Guardiola : Ank maintenance and fixes
- AdrianRaFo : Ma, Kleisli, Ap docs
- Juan Valencia Calvellido : Site improvements and Arrow videos
- Ana Maria Marquez : Id video
- Mohit : Doc fixes and imprvements
- Daniele Campogiani : Android function Validation docs
- Radimir Sorokin : BoundSetter
- Ricardo Meneghin Filho : Misc Either syntax fixes
- Alf Kristian Stoyle : Misc Try error handling fixes
- Jason Bennett : Doc fixes
- Jorge Castillo : upgrade kotlin and kotlinx.coroutines
- Kaden Thomas : MonadError docs fixes
- Mario Arias : PartialFunction improvements
- Matthias Lüneberg : Doc fixes
- Pablo Gonzalez Alonso : Weak data type fixes
- Robert Stoll : Simplify settings.gradle by tutteli’s settings plugin
- itua: Docs for SetK
- prat t : Typeclass instances resolution fixes previous to type class less encoding
Every contributor has helped Arrow get to where it is today, for a full list of those awesome individuals, you can check out: Arrow Contributors
The active development of Arrow is proudly sponsored by 47 Degrees, a Functional Programming consultancy with a focus on the Scala and Kotlin Programming languages.
If you would like to support Arrow, but don’t have the time to invest in contributing, consider picking up some Arrow swag! All proceeds are invested back into advancing the library.
Ready to learn more? You can watch our web series Functional Programming in Kotlin with Arrow to learn about the differently data types and their features:
Ready to learn even more? You can listen to some of the Arrow team on the Fragmented Podcast: