Freestyle-rpc's biggest release yet is now available
- by Juan Pedro Moreno Estudillo
- July 12, 2018
- freestyle• scala
- 1 minute to read.
Freestyle-rpc is a purely functional library for building RPC endpoint-based services with support for RPC and HTTP/2.
This release completes milestone #290.
Noteworthy changes in 0.14.0 include:
- Core Macro Conversions: #328 thanks to a joint-effort by Lawrence Lavigne and Pepe García.
- Implement Wart suppression: #325 by Pepe García.
- Migrate idlgen to scalamacros: #326 by Pepe García.
Additionally, this new release brings new features and bug fixes:
- Marshallers as implicit params: #330 by Pepe García.
- Refactor GrpcServer: #333 by Peter Neyens.
- Upgrades monix to 3.0.0-RC1 #336 by Juan Pedro Moreno.
- RPC Clients caching as a new module: #337 by Peter Neyens.
Please note that this version is not binary compatible with previous releases. For a full list of changes and features in 0.14.0 please visit the official changelog.
Freestyle-rpc is possible thanks to a list of awesome contributors that can be found here: Freestyle-rpc contributors
Interested in discussing Freestyle-rpc? Head over to the Freestyle Gitter channel.
If you would like to support Freestyle, but don’t have the time to invest in contributing, consider picking up some Freestyle swag! All proceeds are invested back into advancing the library.