Freestyle v0.4.0 now available
- October 11, 2017
- scala• kafka• spark• cassandra open source• freestyle• functional programming• cats
- 1 minute to read.
We’re thrilled to announce the availability of Freestyle v.0.4.0, now with support for cats 1.0.0-MF.
Freestyle, a 47 Degrees open source project, simplifies and promotes applications and libraries built atop a purely functional style.
New features in 0.4.0 include:
- Updates to cats 1.0.0-MF (#408
- Releases Process Update (#379)
- Creates pipelined interpreters for logger (#353)
- Updates Scala in Travis and sbt-freestyle (#409)
- Adds support for Case Classy (#378)
- Renames modules to frees-xxx (#396)
- From Guavas ListenableFuture to any M[_] : AsyncContext (#385)
In addition, the cats update also allowed for updates to fs2, http4s, monix, finch, and other libraries. You can view the full list of changes here:
We would like to publicly acknowledge the great effort that all the Freestyle contributors have put into this release. Without all of you, this would not have been possible!
To get started with Freestyle, take a look at the Quick Start Guide and join the discussion in our gitter channel.