KotlinConf 23, hosted by JetBrains returns as an in-person conference in Amsterdam and runs from April 12th-14th. All workshops will take place on the 12th.
Functional Programming in Kotlin
Functional programming has been on the rise, given its advantages in code readability and maintenance. In this workshop, we’ll look at concepts from functional programming that are directly applicable to Kotlin code. We’ll use Arrow as a supporting library, which includes many useful types and extensions to make a functional style even more pleasant. This workshop covers:
- How to model your domain using hierarchies of data classes.
- The importance of immutability and how it impacts your code style.
- How to approach validation in a more composable way.
- Keeping track of contexts and side effects.
- Making asynchronous code more resilient with Arrow Fx.
This workshop is a separate cost from the conference and requires the purchase of a conference ticket. Head over to the KotlinConf.com to register for this workshop. If you’ve already purchased your event ticket, you can follow the instructions to add the workshop on.
We hope to see you in April! More on our appareance at KotlinConf will be shared soon.