This course focuses on more advanced concepts of Functional Programming in Swift using Bow. Bow addresses some limitations in Swift regarding Higher-Kinded types and provides a set of utilities that are built on top of the machinery that emulates them.
- Knowledge of Swift.
- Familiarity with FP in Swift.
- A computer with macOS and Xcode installed.
What you'll learn
- Swift Generics Type System and its limitations
- What are Higher-Kinded Types?
- Creating your own type with HKT support.
- Adapting existing types to work with HKTs.
- Modeling generic behavior with type classes.
- Combining data with Semigroup and Monoid.
- The Functor Hierarchy.
- Type class laws.
- Creating your own type classes.
- Polymorphic programs.