Learn how to use and integrate all the components needed to run a web service in Haskell. Diving in a bit further, this course teaches you how to integrate different Haskell libraries in order to create a working application.
Servant for routing, Aeson for JSON manipulation, Persistent for database access, Validation for input validation.
- Familiarity with the Basic concepts of Haskell: ADTs, pattern matching, and types.
What you'll learn
- Introduce Servant to define web services at the type-level.
- Define servers as implementations of the web services.
- Use Aeson to handle requests and responses in JSON
- Describe HTML templates using Blaze.
- Validating input and responding to errors.
- Simple database access using Persistent.
- Complex queries using Esqueleto.
- Concurrently, yet safe, processing.
- Communication with other systems and message queues.