With Scala 3 scheduled for the end of 2020, it is time to get ready for this new major version of the language! In this course, we will review all the changes this new version will bring and their advantages over the current version. We will also get ourselves ready by learning how to migrate our existing codebases from Scala 2 to Scala 3.
- Previous experience with Scala 2
What you'll learn
- Which features of Scala 2 will not be supported in Scala 3?
- What are the new syntactic constructs in Scala 3?
- Focus on encoding typeclasses in Scala 3.
- How to compile existing Scala 2 code against Scala 3.
- How to migrate a codebase from Scala 2 to Scala 3.
- How and to what extent migration can be automated.