Kotlin is one of the most promising JVM languages and has seen immense growth over the last few years. The language is now being used in thousands of systems, including both backend and frontend and is Google's official language for Android.
This course is designed with future developers in mind, by providing the knowledge required to face new projects.
- Concise: Drastically reduce the amount of boilerplate code.
- Safe: Avoid entire classes of errors such as null pointer exceptions.
- Interoperable: Leverage existing libraries for the JVM, Android, and the browser.
- Tool-friendly: Choose any Java IDE or build from the command line.
- One year of experience with any object-oriented or functional programming language.
- Desirable: some IntelliJ IDEA experience.
- types, control flow structures, mutable vs immutable properties
- string templates, data classes, sealed hierarchies
- enums, extensions functions, expressions
- generic types, exhaustive evaluation plus smart casting, operator overloading
- coroutines (async await), delegation, collections api (combinators provided)
- enums, ranges, nullability control, error handling, etc.
What you'll learnThis course covers the essential topics for building applications with Kotlin. We’ll cover all of the concepts that are required to master the language including:
After completing this course, you’ll be ready to build complete modular systems and tackle any professional projects.