Scala is a powerful functional programming language for building solid systems and ambitious projects. This course has been designed to cover the fundamentals of the language and provide beginners with enough knowledge of its features to be successful in developing projects in Scala.
- One year of experience with any object-oriented or functional programming language.
What you'll learn
As an introduction to programming in Scala, we'll review the basics of:
The Scala REPL
The Scala Standard Library
- Types: Classes, Objects, Case classes, Traits, Tuples, Literals and Option.
- Collections: List, Maps, Sets, Ranges, Sequences, Array, Iterables, Traversable.
- Statements: Pattern Matching, For-expression, Implicit.
- Functions: Higher Order Functions, Partially Applied Functions, Partial Functions, Infix/Postfix Operation, Byname Parameters, Repeated Params.
- Type classes as an extension of the Scala type system.